Frequently Asked Questions
- How to install XMindlook in stand-alone Eclipse?
- To use XMindlook in Eclipse installation, create folder "dropins/xmindlook/eclipse/plugins" inside your eclipse root and install XMindlook to dropins/xmindlook/eclipse. Please note that you need to install XMind before installing XMindlook. It may be required to start Eclipse for the first time with -clean switch.
- How to renew the evaluation license?
The best way is to open XMindlook Registration dialog from Help menu and click Request key button. It will take you to this site and present with purchase and payment options. Follow the on-screen instructions to obtain and paste the license to your copy of XMindlook Sync.
- How to install XMindlook on the portable version?
You can install it using the standard installer - you need to select Commons folder as an install path though.
Please note though that we currently do not support portable licenses, so you will need a separate license for each machine. The portable licenses will be available in the next release.
- How to uninstall XMindlook?
You can use Control Panel's applet Add or Remove Programs to uninstall XMindlook. Alternatively, you may run unins000.exe file from your XMindlook installation folder.
- How to delete topic from XMind so that synchronized Outlook task also is deleted?
You should desynchronize topic first (using toolbar button on Outlook view or right clicking the topic and selected option from XMindlook menu). You will be asked if you want to delete the Outlook task. After this you may remove topic as well.
- Why Outlook Task view is not up to date?
- I have modified some task categories in Outlook, but the changes are not reflected in the Outlook tasks view in XMind.
In order to refresh the Outlook Task view please click on the Import tasks button in the view toolbar.
- How to export starred emails to XMind?
- I often categorize emails so that they appear in my tasks lists, as it is far more efficient to use an incoming email as the task prompt rather than enter a task based on the email. These emails, even though they are visible in the outlook catagories in tasks view, are not visible in xmind. Am I doing something wrong or is it just a limitation of the software?
We currently do not support exporting emails, but you can drag an email to the task area or to the task tab on the navigation pane to create a task from it and then export to XMind. You may also use VBA script to automate this process or even put the email as task attachment. More information here.